- KAMASI WASHINGTON – The Epic: Sweeney Kovar interview
- TRIBAL WAR, CIA, DONS & DRUGS – Marlon James’ ‘A Brief History of Seven Killings
- FREEDOM! The Festival… Tony Kofi conjures Ornette, Xenicibis arrives & Black Top mash it up!
- Ornette Coleman: Somethin’ Else!!!
- BRIAN CASE presents ON THE SNAP : Three Decades of Snapshots from the World of Jazz Film & Crime Fiction
Category Archives: Wushu
THOUGHT PROVOKING…. ESSENTIAL READ! Jonathan Bluestein’s ‘RESEARCH INTO MARTIAL ARTS’ is a hugely valuable addition to the modern day musings on the relevance and practice of traditional martial arts. I have to admit that I am a bit of a … Continue reading
REFLECTIONS ON THE PRACTICE OF QI GONG. Over the past period Singing Dragon, along with other indie publishers and self published practitioners, have unleashed an avalanche of material on qi gong practices – basic and complex – in both book … Continue reading
Does Tai Chi have any real martial art value? I came across this excellent and informative article by Violet Li while researching push hands techniques at which I am currently woefully inept, judging by the bruises on my arms and … Continue reading
The Cheng School Gao Style BaguaZhang is a chunky, 392 page book on Bagua Zhang and it’s a labour of love on the part of the students of the Master Liu Fengcai – a disciple of the legendary Gao Yi … Continue reading
Warrior Guards The Mountain: It appears that a documentary film, based on the book of the same name, is set for release on DVD via Line Of Intent in the new year. Browsing on one of my favourite blog-spots – … Continue reading