- Daymé Arocena: The Spirit of Young Cuba @ St Pancras Old Church
- RICHARD WILLIAMS on ‘To Pimp A Butterfly: The Shape Of Jazz To Come?
- WORK IN PROGRESS: Carleen Anderson’s ‘Cage Street Memorial’
- SONNY ROLLINS at Montreux + KYOTOGRAPHIE 015 + KYOTO JAZZ SEXTET
- COSMIC FLUSH PT. 2: FUTURA meets RAMMELLZEE
Tag Archives: apartheid
Here’s a good story about Marilyn Monroe and Ella Fitzgerald that I came across via Bob Wisdom’s Facebook… Back in the n the 1950s, the popular Mocambo nightclub on West Hollywood’s famous Sunset Boulevard applied the Jim Crow laws to … Continue reading
I’m definitely behind the curve on this one! Went to check out Searching For Sugar Man at the Curzon in Soho yesterday and was blown away. I like to see documentaries on the big screen… it’s a different experience… you … Continue reading