- KAMASI WASHINGTON – The Epic: Sweeney Kovar interview
- TRIBAL WAR, CIA, DONS & DRUGS – Marlon James’ ‘A Brief History of Seven Killings
- FREEDOM! The Festival… Tony Kofi conjures Ornette, Xenicibis arrives & Black Top mash it up!
- Ornette Coleman: Somethin’ Else!!!
- BRIAN CASE presents ON THE SNAP : Three Decades of Snapshots from the World of Jazz Film & Crime Fiction
Tag Archives: FREEDOM
Next Monday – July 13th – will see the first FREEDOM! – The Art of Improvisation jam since the highly enlightening two day FREEDOM! Festival held at The Vortex in Dalston’s Gillett Square over the weekend of June 27/28th. The … Continue reading
FREEDOM! Last session of 2013. It was the closing night of the Jazz Festival and there were some weary people in the house, seems like a lot of sessions had been taken on board from Wayne Shorter to Wadada Leo … Continue reading
I first encountered Nadjib Le Fleurier at FREEDOM!, our Sunday night pure improv-jam session at Charlie Wright’s and these are selection of shots that materialised from the second session which featured a host of players and singers. In house were … Continue reading
FREEDOM! “In composition you have all the time you want to decide what to say in 15 seconds, in improvisation you have 15 seconds.” (Steve Lacy)
It’s a freezing cold Sunday night and as I waited at the bus stop, weighed down by a bag of vinyl, I had to wonder who would brave the weather and venture to Hoxton for the launch of our FREEDOM … Continue reading