- KAMASI WASHINGTON – The Epic: Sweeney Kovar interview
- TRIBAL WAR, CIA, DONS & DRUGS – Marlon James’ ‘A Brief History of Seven Killings
- FREEDOM! The Festival… Tony Kofi conjures Ornette, Xenicibis arrives & Black Top mash it up!
- Ornette Coleman: Somethin’ Else!!!
- BRIAN CASE presents ON THE SNAP : Three Decades of Snapshots from the World of Jazz Film & Crime Fiction
Tag Archives: Vinyl
HAPPINESS is 180 gram double vinyl… seen! The boys at Gearbox just mailed me this shot of my rapidly shrinking self, clutching ‘Nucleus with Leon Thomas’ in their supa audiophile studio. This terrific unreleased live session is led by the … Continue reading
Kate Tempest’s ‘Brand New Ancients’ makes it onto on double-vinyl thanks to the dynamic audiophile obsessed duo at Gearbox Records. Back in September 2012 I penned a piece extolling the virtues of poet Kate Tempest’s seismic performance of her self-penned ‘Brand … Continue reading
FRESH! Some new music to check out that’s found a home in my current listening pile. First up, a bold 4 track trio EP, from electric harpist Tori Handsley. I know Tori from the Freedom pure-improv jams where she turned … Continue reading
TO CELEBRATE THE 75th birthday of Nigeria’s militant, Afrobeat originator Fela Kuti, as well as the recent release of new deluxe compilation ‘The Best Of The Black President 2′ and newly repackaged versions of Fela’s entire back catalogue, Knitting Factory … Continue reading
Last night, all roads led to the opening of ‘A Colourful Life’ at Tent London in Hanbury Street, just off Brick Lane. One of the most enticing offerings during this year’s frenzied London Design Festival, this event showcased three new … Continue reading