- Great Day In London…. Warriors come out to play-yay….
- LIFE BETWEEN ISLANDS: CARIBBEAN BRITISH ART 1950’s – NOW….
- The Graphic Art of Ian Swift…. Here comes Vol. 2…
- THE RETURN OF PAULINE MELVILLE: A True Master Of Chaos
- THEY CALLED HIM “FRENCHIE”… Photographer, fellow traveller & friend…. Jean Bernard Sohiez RIP
Tag Archives: Brazil
LINDIGO: SOUNDS OF MALOYA @ BRIXTON JAMM Lindigo: “I was born Maloya, I breathe Maloya, I sweat Maloya, I will die Maloya” It’s a balmy September Thursday night and outside the Brixton Jamm on Brixton Road and a modest crowd … Continue reading
Meicio Askanasy, José Prates, Ivan de Paula TAM…TAM…TAM!.. the vinyl is back! It was Gilles Peterson who discovered this LP while digging in Rio between the Sonzeira recording sessions. Could he get a copy of his own, there and then? … Continue reading
São Braz is a tiny community of fisherman, fieldworkers and Rastafarians, a place born as a quilombo, a refuge of runaway slaves in the past. It is located outside the town of Santo Amaro, in the Bahian Recôncavo, and buried … Continue reading