- ‘BEING BLACKER’: A radical encounter between BAFTA Winning film-maker MOLLY DINEEN and Brixton’s BLACKER DREAD
- Mali’s Trio Da Kali live in Stoke Newington Old Church
- TWO NIGHTS: CHICAGOXLONDON – International Anthem Meets London’s Nu-skool @ Total Refreshment Centre ….
- #SNC98 – Back On The Block but SOLD OUT! All gone!
- The Hieroglyphic Being Experience LIVE – New Years Eve 2015/16
Category Archives: Just Runnings
Yesssss!….Presenting Princess Shaw wins Audience Award at Sheffield Documentary Film Festival! One of the first posts I did on Ancient To Future was a Kutiman video/composition that blew up on youtube. I’m a fan and a week ago I got … Continue reading
“Collector is an opportunity to explore musically all the cultural connections which are part of being a human being, particularly in the 21st century, in somewhere like London, where you do meet everyone from everywhere. If you’re open-minded you’ll have … Continue reading
ANUTHA YES MI SELEKTAH… SUMMER JUST ARRIVED… yes, it’s June and it’s glorious out there – London is bathed in sunshine. OK, following on from the New York City vibe of the Vivien Goldman story, we touch down on Snowboy … Continue reading
It began with a 1960 teenage Olympic light heavyweight boxing champion declaring “I am the Greatest!” and that he “Floats like a butterfly, stings like a bee!” He dropped his slave name, embraced Islam, refused to fight in Vietnam. Muhammed … Continue reading
I have fond memories of interviewing Papa Wemba at the Real World studios in Box while Peter Williams did the shots. Papa was wearing a wikkid trad-African print suit when we arrived but refused to be photographed in it. In … Continue reading