- Great Day In London…. Warriors come out to play-yay….
- LIFE BETWEEN ISLANDS: CARIBBEAN BRITISH ART 1950’s – NOW….
- The Graphic Art of Ian Swift…. Here comes Vol. 2…
- THE RETURN OF PAULINE MELVILLE: A True Master Of Chaos
- THEY CALLED HIM “FRENCHIE”… Photographer, fellow traveller & friend…. Jean Bernard Sohiez RIP
Tag Archives: Riots
The first big question that went through my mind the day the riots kicked off in Hackney and around the country was, “Carnival… what about Notting Hill Carnival?” That was back on August 8th and as the debates swirled and … Continue reading
A blazing beacon of cultural enlightenment emerged from beneath the post-riot smokescreen in the form of UK MC, Akala’s ‘Life Of Rhyme’ on Channel 4. Following on from Saturday night’s well publicized but low budget and lame ‘How Hip Hop … Continue reading
Ohhhh maaan… I was distressed to hear about the fire at Sony’s DADC distribution centre in Enfield which was burnt to the ground during the riots. This is a tragedy… a tragedy that will seriously impact on the most creative … Continue reading