- Great Day In London…. Warriors come out to play-yay….
- LIFE BETWEEN ISLANDS: CARIBBEAN BRITISH ART 1950’s – NOW….
- The Graphic Art of Ian Swift…. Here comes Vol. 2…
- THE RETURN OF PAULINE MELVILLE: A True Master Of Chaos
- THEY CALLED HIM “FRENCHIE”… Photographer, fellow traveller & friend…. Jean Bernard Sohiez RIP
Tag Archives: Kinshasa
I have fond memories of interviewing Papa Wemba at the Real World studios in Box while Peter Williams did the shots. Papa was wearing a wikkid trad-African print suit when we arrived but refused to be photographed in it. In … Continue reading
A FEW 2015 RELEASES THAT ARE STILL IN THE PLAY PILE! AS WE’RE NOW IN 2016 I thought I’d stop prevaricating and just big up a few albums that were bought or sent to me in 2015 and have stayed … Continue reading
If you’ve been diggin’ the Owiny Sigoma collaboration that Gilles P released via his Brownswood imprint you’ll be up for checking Damon Albarn’s latest project. Recorded in the Democratic Republic of Congo with XL Recordings boss Richard Russell, Dan the … Continue reading
Why was innovative Congolese rap star, Baloji, not on the billing for WOMAD 2011.? Check these videos. This man is hip. Born in the Congo but raised in Belgium, a pan African exile, who declares “My story is made up … Continue reading