- JUNE 8th: Strong And Stable My Arse… Jeremy Deller!
- Kate Tempest meets kennardphillipps
- A FEW THOUGHTS ON: LEGENDARY UK SOUND MAN LLOYDIE COXSONE TALKS REGGAE MUSIC & DAVID RODIGAN
- TALKIN’ ALL THAT JAZZ: Millions of sounds to keep you up when you’re down….
- DAVID RODIGAN – A Life in Reggae: “Roddy! You A Dubwise S’m’ody!”
Tag Archives: Jazz
After decades of both collaboration and mutual respect, jazz legends Wayne Shorter and Herbie Hancock have penned an extraordinary and thought provoking open letter to the next generation of artists. It reflects their feelings on recent world events and how … Continue reading
A FEW 2015 RELEASES THAT ARE STILL IN THE PLAY PILE! AS WE’RE NOW IN 2016 I thought I’d stop prevaricating and just big up a few albums that were bought or sent to me in 2015 and have stayed … Continue reading
MAGIC SCIENCE QUARTET meet BLACK TOP @ The Vortex Dissappointed at not being unable to reach the I’klektik ArtLab in South London to hear the MAGIC SCIENCE QUARTET conjure up a live score to a vintage silent film that reinterpreted the mythological … Continue reading
ALL MUSICS FOR ALL PEOPLES – Sound Of Detroit – Motor City Rhythms – Carhartt WIP has teamed up with DJ Amir Abdullah (of Kon & Amir) to assist with the creation of a modest Strata clothing collection plus a radio … Continue reading
Next Monday – July 13th – will see the first FREEDOM! – The Art of Improvisation jam since the highly enlightening two day FREEDOM! Festival held at The Vortex in Dalston’s Gillett Square over the weekend of June 27/28th. The … Continue reading