- LINDIGO: SOUNDS OF MALOYA meets BRIXTON!
- THE CASIMIR CONNECTION: Tapping Into The Mysterious Force
- Breakin’ Convention 018 meets Jazz Re: freshed
- ‘BEING BLACKER’: A radical encounter between BAFTA Winning film-maker MOLLY DINEEN and Brixton’s BLACKER DREAD
- Mali’s Trio Da Kali live in Stoke Newington Old Church
Tag Archives: New Orleans
Yesssss!….Presenting Princess Shaw wins Audience Award at Sheffield Documentary Film Festival! One of the first posts I did on Ancient To Future was a Kutiman video/composition that blew up on youtube. I’m a fan and a week ago I got … Continue reading
Festival of Dangerous Ideas 2013: David Simon – Some People are More Equal than Others When I read about this contribution to the Festival Of Dangerous Ideas in Australia by David Simon I thought I’d love to hear it in … Continue reading
It’s doesn’t seem that long ago that I read the glowing reviews of David Egger’s book, Zeitoun – a unique take on the catastrophe that overtook the Crescent City following Hurricane Katrina. It was a book I needed to read! … Continue reading
Beyond Katrina…. Crescent City Mardi Gras 2012… We need to celebrate those Wild Wild Indians…the spirit is alive!
Loved that scene in HBO’s Treme when Big Chief Lambreaux appears out of the dark having returned, post Katrina, to the his devastated, old neighbourhood… and proving that spirit is allive and kicking is a pic (below), by my good … Continue reading