- Great Day In London…. Warriors come out to play-yay….
- LIFE BETWEEN ISLANDS: CARIBBEAN BRITISH ART 1950’s – NOW….
- The Graphic Art of Ian Swift…. Here comes Vol. 2…
- THE RETURN OF PAULINE MELVILLE: A True Master Of Chaos
- THEY CALLED HIM “FRENCHIE”… Photographer, fellow traveller & friend…. Jean Bernard Sohiez RIP
Tag Archives: Islam
It began with a 1960 teenage Olympic light heavyweight boxing champion declaring “I am the Greatest!” and that he “Floats like a butterfly, stings like a bee!” He dropped his slave name, embraced Islam, refused to fight in Vietnam. Muhammed … Continue reading
In response to the escalating conflict in Mali with the Islamic fundamentalist militias of AQIM and Ansar Dine, FATOUMATA DIAWARA has gathered together over 40 of the Country’s most renowned musicians, with a little assistance from Nick Gold’s World Circuit … Continue reading
It’s doesn’t seem that long ago that I read the glowing reviews of David Egger’s book, Zeitoun – a unique take on the catastrophe that overtook the Crescent City following Hurricane Katrina. It was a book I needed to read! … Continue reading
THE AWARD WINNING DIRECTOR OF HOOP DREAMS TAKE US ONTO THE WAR TORN STREETS OF THE WINDY CITY WITH CEASEFIRE. Last Tuesday evening, after spending two hours immersed in of Steve James’ latest award winning documentary, The Interrupters, I staggered … Continue reading