- Great Day In London…. Warriors come out to play-yay….
- LIFE BETWEEN ISLANDS: CARIBBEAN BRITISH ART 1950’s – NOW….
- The Graphic Art of Ian Swift…. Here comes Vol. 2…
- THE RETURN OF PAULINE MELVILLE: A True Master Of Chaos
- THEY CALLED HIM “FRENCHIE”… Photographer, fellow traveller & friend…. Jean Bernard Sohiez RIP
Tag Archives: Jazz Jamaica
THE MAN FROM WAREIKA HILLS: RICO RODRIGUEZ 1934 -2015 Always loved this photo of Rico Rodriguez and his daughters by my bredren Jean Bernard Sohiez. Veteran of the legendary Alpha Boys School band and further educated in the camp of … Continue reading
The Lively Up tour arrived in London town last night and the Queen Elizabeth Hall was rammed to capacity. There was genuine sense of anticipation in the air and as one scanned the stage which was set up to accommodate … Continue reading
COLLABORATION ACROSS THE REGGAE NATION…. Lively Up meets Bob Marley and Word Sound & Power: Reggae Changed My Life
Lively Up, celebrates Jamaica50! It consists of several ambitious projects set to tour the UK – two of which are dedicated to the music of The Wailers and innovative saxophonist Joe Harriott. Lively Up is the brainchild of Gary & … Continue reading
Since Big Ben struck midnight on New Year’s eve and the South Bank lit up large in anticipation of the Olympics on the East-side, it seems that Jamaica has thrown up a daily dose of evocative bass-ical vibrations into this … Continue reading