- THE CASIMIR CONNECTION: Tapping Into The Mysterious Force
- Breakin’ Convention 018 meets Jazz Re: freshed
- ‘BEING BLACKER’: A radical encounter between BAFTA Winning film-maker MOLLY DINEEN and Brixton’s BLACKER DREAD
- Mali’s Trio Da Kali live in Stoke Newington Old Church
- TWO NIGHTS: CHICAGOXLONDON – International Anthem Meets London’s Nu-skool @ Total Refreshment Centre ….
Tag Archives: Dalston
Next Monday – July 13th – will see the first FREEDOM! – The Art of Improvisation jam since the highly enlightening two day FREEDOM! Festival held at The Vortex in Dalston’s Gillett Square over the weekend of June 27/28th. The … Continue reading
Finally, a soundtrack to ‘The Art Of Buying Reggae Music…..’ is LIVE on our stereophonic-supply site. Back in October 2011, I posted a piece here that recalled my reggae-music buying missions, during the early/mid Seventies, from Dalston Lane to Seven … Continue reading
Monday night and our destination is improv central – Cafe Oto – Dalston on the East side. We have gathered to hear BLACK TOP who, on this night, will feature six homegrown Master Musicians that continue to shape this thing … Continue reading
Just as I was imbibing the news that Hackney Council and the Met’s Operation Condor has homed in on Dalston and Shoreditch, targeting anyone flouting the licensing laws, clamping down on the illegal venues, using sniffer dogs outside the train … Continue reading
The Art of Buying Reggae Music: A back in the day journey from Dalston Junction to Tottenham High Road.
Yesterday I was chatting to a couple of friends – one of whom was from Senegal – about reggae music in London. Along with talking about the the evolution of the UK sound – roots & Lovers -we also got … Continue reading