- ‘BEING BLACKER’: A radical encounter between BAFTA Winning film-maker MOLLY DINEEN and Brixton’s BLACKER DREAD
- Mali’s Trio Da Kali live in Stoke Newington Old Church
- TWO NIGHTS: CHICAGOXLONDON – International Anthem Meets London’s Nu-skool @ Total Refreshment Centre ….
- #SNC98 – Back On The Block but SOLD OUT! All gone!
- The Hieroglyphic Being Experience LIVE – New Years Eve 2015/16
Tag Archives: Pat Thomas
MAGIC SCIENCE QUARTET meet BLACK TOP @ The Vortex Dissappointed at not being unable to reach the I’klektik ArtLab in South London to hear the MAGIC SCIENCE QUARTET conjure up a live score to a vintage silent film that reinterpreted the mythological … Continue reading
JOURNEY TO THE ONE @ The House Of St Barnabas is a summer series of “jazz” sessions curated by myself, in the spirit of Straight No Chaser, that aims to musically span the spiritual, the cosmic and the global. First … Continue reading
FREEDOM! Last session of 2013. It was the closing night of the Jazz Festival and there were some weary people in the house, seems like a lot of sessions had been taken on board from Wayne Shorter to Wadada Leo … Continue reading
THIS THURSDAY at St George’s Bloomsbury THE JAZZ WARRIORS INTERNATIONAL/Nexus celebrates the life of suffragette EMILY DAVISON – an unrepentently militant activist who, on June 4th 1913, stepped onto the racetrack at the Epsom Derby with the intention of disrupting … Continue reading
Monday night and our destination is improv central – Cafe Oto – Dalston on the East side. We have gathered to hear BLACK TOP who, on this night, will feature six homegrown Master Musicians that continue to shape this thing … Continue reading
Having arrived a touch late we took in the first part of Yazz Ahmed‘s set blind, from behind a curtain, but we were immediately won over by the tone her flugel horn and the spacious interplay between stand-in vibraphone player … Continue reading