- Great Day In London…. Warriors come out to play-yay….
- LIFE BETWEEN ISLANDS: CARIBBEAN BRITISH ART 1950’s – NOW….
- The Graphic Art of Ian Swift…. Here comes Vol. 2…
- THE RETURN OF PAULINE MELVILLE: A True Master Of Chaos
- THEY CALLED HIM “FRENCHIE”… Photographer, fellow traveller & friend…. Jean Bernard Sohiez RIP
Tag Archives: FREEDOM
Next Monday – July 13th – will see the first FREEDOM! – The Art of Improvisation jam since the highly enlightening two day FREEDOM! Festival held at The Vortex in Dalston’s Gillett Square over the weekend of June 27/28th. The … Continue reading
FREEDOM! Last session of 2013. It was the closing night of the Jazz Festival and there were some weary people in the house, seems like a lot of sessions had been taken on board from Wayne Shorter to Wadada Leo … Continue reading
I first encountered Nadjib Le Fleurier at FREEDOM!, our Sunday night pure improv-jam session at Charlie Wright’s and these are selection of shots that materialised from the second session which featured a host of players and singers. In house were … Continue reading
FREEDOM! “In composition you have all the time you want to decide what to say in 15 seconds, in improvisation you have 15 seconds.” (Steve Lacy)
It’s a freezing cold Sunday night and as I waited at the bus stop, weighed down by a bag of vinyl, I had to wonder who would brave the weather and venture to Hoxton for the launch of our FREEDOM … Continue reading